Each week for this month the Loyolan will be highlighting each of the Ethnic and Intercultural Services groups on campus and the resources they provide for students. This week L+A editor Sammi Su talked with Director of Chicano Latino Student Services Natalie Guevara to learn more about what they are doing.
The first week of classes has come to a close, but for the student service offices, the events have just begun. Director of Chicano Latino Student Services Natalie Guevara said that CLSS has been making preparations for students to have a successful fall semester.
According to Guevara, upcoming events for CLSS include:
- Sept. 9 at 6 p.m. (PDT): La Bienvenida is a welcome event in which all student organizations that work with CLSS will be present. Register for the event here.
- Sept. 16 at 4 p.m. (PDT): Latinx Social kicks off Latinx Heritage month and all students, faculty and staff are invited. Register for the event here.
- Weekly MESA Cooperative meetings will be hosted every Wednesday and will have student-led discussions on different topics and opportunities organized by the respective organizations.
Follow updates from CLSS on Instagram at @clsslmu.
Organizations that will be present at La Bienvenida will include:
- MEChA de LMU (@mechadelmu)
- Grupo Folklórico (@gf_lmu)
- Resilience (@resiliencelmu)
- Spanish Club (@lmuspanishclub)
- LMU Indigenous Student Union (@isu.lmu)
- LMU Betas (@lmubetas)
- Latinx Student Union (lsu_lmu)
- Sigma Lambda Gamma (@lmugammas)
- LMU El Espejo (@lmuelespejo)