Name: Riley Elmes
Hometown: Lake Oswego, Oregon
1. When did you first start playing golf, and when did you realize you had the potential to play it at the collegiate level?
I started playing golf as soon as I could walk and loved it ever since I picked up a golf club for the first time. Through junior golf I felt a desire and passion to play this sport for as long as I could possibly do so. Then colleges started to contact some of us junior golfers in Oregon and I knew that I had the chance to play at the collegiate level.
2. Who is your favorite golfer?
3. Did you play any other sports?
I played basketball in high school as well.
4. Have you ever taken a Happy Gilmore swing in competitive play?
I have never but have when just practicing.
5. Ketchup or mustard?
6. What made you want to come to Los Angeles for college?
I have some family from this area and my mother went to graduate school here. I just fell in love with the campus and golf program when I was introduced to it.
7. If you could bring anyone back from the dead and play golf with him or her, who would it be and why?
I would bring Ben Hogan back to life to be able to play golf with him because I admired his golf swing very much.
8. You recently posted a career-best 66 in the second round of the USF Olympic Intercollegiate. At what point did you realize you had that kind of round going?
I would say that after I made an eagle and a birdie in my first four holes to start the second round off at -3 through four holes.
9. What is your go-to off-campus eatery?
I love to eat off campus at Hopdoddy every once in a while but try to not make it often.
10. Who’s your pick to win the World Series this year?
The Minnesota Twins.